Sunday 27 July 2014

A wonderful weekend

This weekend was awesome! Yesterday I went snorkeling at the blue hole with the other people from WorldTeach. It was amazing and I got some great pictures with my waterproof camera that I will post as soon as my internet allows me to. Then I had a few relaxing hours at home before heading to Nautilus for happy hour with a couple of the other teachers. Since we only see each other at school, it was nice to just relax and get to know each other a little better. Apparently while I was there, I missed a party held by the Phillipinos that my host mom was going to take me to. She was gone when I left for Nautilus so she couldn't tell me to stay, and I was gone when she left for the party, so we missed each other. I'm kind of bummed, but I had a good time at Nautilus. Hopefully there is another one I can go to. This morning, just Kokok and I went to church so Almitta could stay home and cook. Lunch was awesome, as usual. I had fresh crab, which I love, in addition to the usual fresh fish, rice, and other local foods. I got some work done on my lesson plan, and then Kokok and I watched a movie together. Ruth and Falan came over, and then wanted to use my laptop for internet, so we went to Nautilus for dinner and checked facebook and I got to send a couple emails. I had a burger, which was delicious! I needed a little taste of America (but mostly red meat), so it tasted extra delicious to me. Back to school tomorrow for the last week of orientation (yay!). I am getting anxious to start classes and get going on the school year. We start a week from tomorrow, so it is coming up quickly, but I am excited to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment