Wednesday 16 July 2014

Orientation begins

Smith and Almitta (my host parents) have been extremely welcoming. Almitta had a huge breakfast prepared for me this morning. Kokok, the youngest daughter, was very excited to show me around today. We walked with her cousin Sike around Lelu, which is one of the villages on Kosrae. There is also Lelu Island, where I live, but Lelu Village extends farther than just Lelu island. If you google map it, you'll be able to see the small island of Lelu connected to the larger island. We walked around Lelu island today, to the church, and then across the causeway towards the main island. I cannot get over how beautiful it is here. The pictures don't even begin to show the true beauty of this island. It rained some today, which I enjoyed because it was really refreshing after being hot and humid. For the periods I was outside, I did manage to already get a sunburn. Note to self: put on sunscreen. After a long day of orientation today, I am exhausted and ready for bed at 8pm. I might go for a run in the morning to get some exercise and maybe even see a sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment