Friday 18 July 2014

Rally

I am 100% sure I am going to gain weight here. "Going to" is probably inaccurate because although I have no scale, I am pretty confident I have already put on a few pounds. My family is wonderful and makes copious amounts of delicious food that they continue to tell me to eat more of even after I've said that I am full. I am planning to continue to come back for at least one meal a week to eat with them even after I move out. The food is amazing and they go out of their way to make sure I am happy. Smith went fishing yesterday specifically so I could have fresh fish. I told them I love fish, so they want to make sure I have the very best. By the way, fresh yellowfin sashimi costs just over $1/lb here, which is ridiculously cheap so I plan to gorge myself for the next year. I love sashimi ik mea (ocean fish, basically just means big fish caught off-shore). I am learning Kahs Kosrae (kahs-language) and practicing with the kids, Kokok and Falan. The girls love showing me around and playing with me, and I am enjoying having tour guides and kahs Kosrae teachers so easily accessible and enthusastic, so we make a good team. I am opening up to my host family more and more every day, and they are so welcoming and helpful with my transition into life on Kosrae.

No comments:

Post a Comment