Friday 25 July 2014

Local appreciation

I haven't written for the past couple days, but not a ton has happened. A couple days ago, I went fishing with Kokok and Falan. it was a lot of fun! Fishing in Kosrae consists of wrapping fishing line around an empty water bottle or can. You put the hook and bait on the end, and your all set. I didn't catch any fish, sadly, but Kokok and Falan caught 3! They have gone fishing each day since, but I stayed in because I was really tired yesterday, and today I had a massive headache. I feel kind of guilty for staying inside when I am in such a beautiful place. The good news is I still have almost a year to explore! My bike rides to/from school are absolutely beautiful. Everything is so green here! I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but the people here are so friendly! My host family has been extremely welcoming, but this goes way beyond that. Everyone I have talked to has been so excited that I am here and genuinely hopes I enjoy my stay. Everyone is thankful to have WorldTeach here and I feel so appreciated and school hasn't even started yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment